Welcome! We are a forest school based on the outskirts of Shepton Mallet. Shepton is part of the East Mendip Hills in Somerset. We are a non-profit making community group. Our Forest School aims to provide regular opportunities to achieve, as well as develop confidence and self-esteem through hands on learning experiences in a woodland environment.
Holly & Hawthorn Philosophy & Aims
The philosophy of Forest School is to encourage and inspire individuals of any age through positive outdoor experiences.
We aim give children the opportunity to:
- access outdoors as a learning environment
- develop useful skills and awareness of nature and the environment
- increase motivation and learn alternative attitudes.
- increase confidence and self-esteem as participants
- improve ability to work together as a group and develop team work skills