Welcome! Please scroll down for Coronavirus Statement
We are a forest school based on the outskirts of Shepton Mallet. Shepton is part of the East Mendip Hills in Somerset. We are a non-profit making community group.
We aim to encourage and inspire individuals of any age through positive outdoor experiences and give the opportunity to play, develop useful skills and form a positive awareness of nature.
Fortunately, there is reduced risk of infection at our facility due to being outdoors. It has been reported that the virus does not survive very long outside, so outdoor events are relatively safe. We will however be taking measures to minimise the spread of Covid-19 through practised such as regular hand washing & sanitising of equipment.
Please do not send your children to sessions if:
– they have a continuous cough or high temperature.
– they or anyone they have been in contact with tests positive for Covid-19
– they are in the high-risk category or have any of the risk factors.
– are in contact with anyone in the high-risk category.
We ask that you:
- let us know if your child is unable to attend because of Covid-19 isolation and share some details in order that we can evaluate the risk ourselves.
Shared equipment such as tools and often used objects and door fastenings will be frequently disinfected.
A Risk Assessment has been done for all of our sessions. We will keep updated via Government Guidelines & NHS website and review our Risk Assessment on a daily basis.