As a non-profit making community group we rely on volunteers to help us run our sessions. We are lucky to have some fantastic volunteers to help us regularly 🙂
If you would like to volunteer please contact us. Please consider you will need to enjoy the outdoors in all weathers!
Our policies are:
Volunteers : 18 years and over
- Volunteer expresses interest.
- Volunteer produces current DBS (current being within the last 3 years) or two referees.
- Volunteer can then volunteer, but must be under supervision of person/s DSB checked through Holly & Hawthorn.
- If volunteer does more than 3 sessions and is happy to commit to more then we can arrange to DBS check them through Holly & Hawthorn.
Volunteers : under 18 years old
NB: All volunteers under 18 remain under our supervision (by person/s DSB checked through Holly & Hawthorn) until they are 18 whether they have enhanced DSB or not.
- Volunteer expresses interest.
- Over 16’s follow the same process as adults producing current DBS (current being within the last 3 years) or two referees.
- If volunteer is under 16 – produce two references.
- Volunteers must be 14 years or over.
- If volunteer reaches age of 16 whilst still volunteering for us we will do DSB check for them.
Family Members Policy – School Holiday Provision
- Parent/grandparent/family member can stay with their child/ren attending a session for up to one whole session (expecting this to be in most cases the first session for child/ren) and a further two half sessions. This excludes exceptional circumstances that can be discussed and agreed with the forest school leader.
- Parent/grandparent/family member will need to ensure you are always in sight of an adult who is DBS checked by Holly & Hawthorn.
- Parent/grandparent/family member must declare any personal medical or important information (e.g. dietary requirements) on an ’emergency form’.
- If Parent/grandparent/family member intends to come to more than 3 sessions they must produce current DBS (current being within the last 3 years) and will remain under supervision of person/s DSB checked through Holly & Hawthorn.
- If Parent/grandparent/family member has come to more than 3 sessions and wishes to continue to come to further sessions, they will be asked if they wish to be classed as volunteer. On accepting to be a volunteer we will then DBS family member through Holly & Hawthorn.
Volunteers with children
Volunteers are welcome to bring their children, however volunteers pay half price for their children. There is also a limit on how many half price places each volunteer can have – we made it a maximum of two, any more are full price.
The committee made this decision in 2011 to avoid having a situation where we could not afford to run the session.
We have a volunteer committee that meets four times a year to discuss issues, plan ahead and review sessions.
- Committee Members – elected April 2019 AGM
- Kaye Watts – Chair/Forest School Leader/Child Protection
- Ros Lavington – Secretary
- Sharron Hiscox – Treasurer
- Jo Smith – General Committee Member/Child Protection
- Jo Matthew – General Committee Member
- Wendi Davis – General Committee Member
- Audrey Truan – General Committee Member
- Mindi Webber – General Committee Member
- Tom Makin – Website
If you would like to be considered for the committee – please contact us, with a short paragraph telling us why you’d like to be part of the committee and the skills you can offer 🙂